Monday, May 31, 2021

TCP’s June Release is Soaring!

Hello out there!  I’m popping in for some pretty soaring stamp sets for you from The Cat’s Pajamas for June!  The theme this month is flight and you’ll find fabulous images and cut-files to play with.  I’m kicking off the month with 5 cute cards.  It’s also a new month, so that means the TCP Progressive Sale is up to 50% off now!  


First up is this adorable bunny in balloon called Sky’s the Limit. this cutie was actually a mid-month release, but I love the image so much I had to throw it in today as well.  I began by colouring the bunny with Copics in these fun shades of coral and periwinkle blue.  I added a few defining details to the image with Prismacolor Pencils and trimmed it out.  


I created a coordinating background with Watercolour to really give you the feel of a beautiful sunset ride.  A couple of TCP Stitched Clouds  and the sentiment is from TCP’s stamp set Scatter Joy.  

Next up we’re flying a kite!  


It’s Up, Up and Away!  This little dude is getting swept away by some great gusts today, but he doesn’t seem too bothered by it.  I’ve coloured up the penguin with Copics and found some great kite themed paper in my stash to accent the design die cut with TCP’s Four Seasons Duo Die to get that pretty deckled edge.  


I also found an old kite die in my stash, so I used it to create a kite accent with a little baker’s twine bow to match.  A drawn black outline of the kite accent, and around the card tie it all together and almost give it a comic book feel. 

Now we’ll buzz on over to the third design.


Bee Happy, Bee Gnomie showcases a fun Gnome in Bee attire, but it also has a lot of other great images, including this fun sentiment and the little sunflower sprays.  I created the background with the digital images of the flowers by randomly adding them to the background.  It’s like your own custom background paper.  I also added the little flower to the sentiment, and popped another one up.    Colouring is done with Copics.  


A cheerful golden yellow bow ties it together.  


Ever gone parachuting? I don’t think I could jump out of a plane, but our favourite Bunny is back with an opened chute, and it looks like he’ll make it to earth safely with this fun set Oh Chute!  I coloured him up with Copic markers and die cut the image.  I paired him with some blue patterned paper and added the TCP Cloud Border CutUps Die as an accent.  



Perfect for any occasion you might have forgotten.  

Last but not least, I have a design for anyone who’s SUPER in your life.  


This set is called Superhero!  It’s a great set to customize for many loved ones, Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter and Friend are all included in the set.  I’ve highlighted the sentiment and my favourite super-bunny.  I picked some fun shades in turquoise and yellow, colouring with Copics, and accented the design with some TCP 3 x 3 paper stars.  


A little touch of enamel dots and it’s complete.  

I hope you’ve enjoyed this tour through the TCP June Release and all the flight themed designs!  



Here’s a peek at all the NEW RELEASE items I showcased today.  And don’t forget about the Going Digital Progressive Sale at 50%!





4 comments:

Sue L. said...

WOW, WOW, WOW... FIVE CARDS for us to ponder... my FAVOURITE (had to capitalize for the Queen's spelling Christine), lol, card is the high flying balloon w the sweetest bunny riding along. He is Solomon cute.Adorable in his striped balloon. Your coloring is magical. :)

Sue L. said...

WOW, WOW, WOW... FIVE CARDS for us to ponder... my FAVOURITE (had to capitalize for the Queen's spelling Christine), lol, card is the high flying balloon w the sweetest bunny riding along. He is Solomon cute.Adorable in his striped balloon. Your coloring is magical. :)

Leslie Miller said...

I love to see your coloring and card designs. You're always a cut above. These are simply wonderful cards, Christine!

R's Rue said...

These are so wonderful. They bring such joy. Thank you for sharing your talents. Hugs.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com