Monday, May 10, 2021

TCP’s May Release!

Hello!  Welcome to the The Cat’s Pajamas May Release.  Today I’m showing off three cute cards with lots of fun attached. 


Kicking it all off is a Mexican Fiesta!  In fact I’m writing this on May 5th, Cinco de Mayo, so it’s especially fitting!  I’ve used the partying penguins from the new digital set Trio de Mayo.  I paired them with some fun desert themed designer paper with cacti, so I thought it would be fun to make it a night-time party using County Fair CutUps die to mimic Mexican Papel Picado flags that always highlight a party.  


The vertical lines on the navy designer paper add to the feeling of hanging party lights.  


All the images are coloured with Copics and trimmed and popped up on the scene of this mini-Slimline card.  


Next up is this adorable belated Birthday design using this fun new digi Never Forget.  This elephant is so charming that how could you be mad he forgot the date?  

I’ve coloured him up with Copics, and for fun, to create elephant skin texture on him, I used some Saran wrap with Copic blending solution to lift some of the ink and make him wrinkly.  


He’s paired up with some fun paper flowers to match the illustration from TCP’s Flower Wagon CutUps Die, and a little white picket fence from TCP’s Slimline Suburbs CutUps Die.  All on a sky-blue petite polka-dot patterned paper sheet.  


And last we’ve got a fancy tea party for fun!  This kitty is all dressed up for Tea Time with this new digi.  I’ve added some of the party accessories onto the table, and then I paper pieced a really fancy patterned table cloth from this pretty sheet of paper.  


Because it’s such a bold pattern I kept the details simple with just the addition of a TCP Easy Stitched Bow in a pretty coral.  


Cheerio!  I hope you had fun seeing some of the great things in store this month at The Cat’s Pajamas!

Don’t forget that there’s also a Progressive Sale going on with all in stock items.  This month it means 40% off!  


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

All three of your cards are just too much fun, Christine! Impossible to pick a favorite, but I will say the elephant is particularly adorable.