Sunday, October 17, 2021

New Folklore Flora from Power Poppy!



Hello out there Power Poppy fans!  I’m delighted to bring you some brand new inspiration from Marcella for the season.  It’s called Folklore Flora, and there are four unique botanical images in the collection with many variations of each, as well as inner and outer sentiments, AND for the first time ever, Marcy is releasing full colour painted images of the designs that you can just print as notecards if you’re in a pinch and don’t want to colour!  It’s like getting many stamp sets together in this collection.  

It’s been almost six months since I’ve done any creating, sometime I may share some of the things that have happened in our life that have kept me from creating, but for now, we’ll just stick to the beautiful designs.  I have TWO cards to show off today.  

I started with the elegant fig image which includes this inspirational quote about the abundance of a life that matters.  


This arrangement of figs on the vine is such an elegant one!  I coloured it all up with Copics, with the addition of Prismacolour pencils to finish up the details, and add the earthy background.  

I also resized and added fig images into the background layer to create my own designer paper to match perfectly to the image.  To accent the image I added in a couple of die cut leaves that match the fig leaves well.  


Some highlighing accents some of the key words in the sentiment.  And below you can see the Copics and Prismacolour pencils I used to colour the image.  



Keeping with the abundant harvest theme, for my second card I used the gourd image from the set.  
Again, I coloured up the image using Copics and Prismacolour pencils.  Though it takes a little more time, it enables you to get lots of detail in your images.  


It’s like they’re ready to pick in the garden!  The sentiment is such a lovely one too.  


I bordered the top of the image with a patterned paper strip and layered a swirly die that mimics the vines in the image and adds a bit of subtle texture without being bulky.  


Here’s a peek at the copics I used, and I used a warm gray, orange and green prismacolour pencil to add in some of the details.  


Be sure to pop on over to the Power Poppy blog to see all that Marcy created for this release.  Then for more inspiration stop by and see Julie and Barbara C for their beautiful inspiration with this set. 

Thanks so much for sticking coming back to see what creative things I’ve been up to!   

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I am so glad that I picked the buckeye as I could not have done justice to these images as you have. I love that you shared the Copics that you used to color them each.

Arlene said...

WOW, two beautiful cards. You've made the images come alive!

Marcella Hawley said...

You have not missed a beat... luminous coloring, custom patterned paper, leaf die cuts, colored-pencil shadows... your work glows from my computer screen. What a treat, we are all so lucky to get to enjoy your work! Thank you, Christine! xo

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Awesome cards Christine.
Your colouring is so realistic and beautiful.
Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration,
stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely stunning Christine -- as usual! :-) You always amaze me how you make everything you color so magically light reflective. So dreamy!