Friday, June 28, 2019

Strong and Beautiful


Day Three of Power Poppy’s Enchanted Garden Release brings us another alluring set that makes my heart happy!  It combines gorgeous florals and lovely encouraging sentiments, it’s called Strong and Beautiful!   Here’s what Marcy has to say about it:  

"Whether colored to the nines or stamped in a single ink, this illustration makes a gorgeous statement. An unfurling peony bloom is offset with ferns, lenten roses, and bluebells in a combination you won't find anywhere but Power Poppy. No matter how you rotate or crop this exuberant floral, you’ll come out on top! Five sentiments have clear letters so that you can color them in to coordinate with your palette, and each one carries an empowering or uplifting message. A single lenten rose (Hellebore) and fern frond can be used in conjunction with the main image or on their own. This stamp canvas measures 5" x 6”."



I just can’t seem to stop myself from making these tree peonies coral.  I think it’s because I secretly wish I had some coral ones.  Colouring is all done with Copics, and I did give the colour of the hellebores a rich rosy purple and those bluebells and fern were delightful to play with.  To tie in more of the purple theme, I added some soft background in V0000 and V000 shades.  It’s a great design for a birthday or wedding, or even a graduation.  


Just bits of lace, silver cording and a button so that the image takes centre stage.  I just love show-stopper images like this.  It’s everything a colourist would want!  




Christine Okken (you are here)

13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous as always Christine
Gr Karin

Julie Koerber said...

You, my dear, are a master. I have no idea how every image you color looks light reflective and "alive" but this one is just as beautiful as the rest! WOW. Just... wow!

Christine Kiehl said...

wow. What an amazing color job! These turned out so beautifully!

Lisa said...

Fabulous job highlighting this image! Your coloring is superb as always!

Desert Kat said...

I wish I could color that well!

Camille Short said...

Love those flowers!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Great card and awesome colouring Christine. I love this stamp set because of the beautiful flowers, so awesome.
Thank you do much for sharing your gorgeous work.

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh my word is your coloring outstanding... I like the vibrant feel, the sweet ribbon accent. Simply beautiful sweet friend.

Leslie Miller said...

It's a showstopper, alright! Your coloring... sigh. Amazing!

Kathy Jones said...

WOWEEEE Christine this is over the top gorgeous!! Your colouring and colour palette are sheer perfection!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring of it all, such beautiful detail. I also like your ribbon and button combo!

Edwige V. said...

Love it !

Broni said...

I think this is my favorite! Such beautiful coloring!!