Saturday, June 29, 2019

Sweet Summer Berries



I’m so happy to show you today’s set from Power Poppy in our Enchanted Garden Release!  I happen to love fruit images and Marcy does them SO well!  Today it’s Summer Berries!  Here’s Marcy’s thoughts on the sweetness:  

"Both classic and new illustrations are featured in this summer-centric clear stamp set. A tumbling vine of ripe raspberries makes for the juiciest of focal points, while a sweet bird among strawberry stems is a gentle image you can color up in minutes. A strawberry cluster can be both a small focal image or used in a repeat border. Six sentiments round out this 4" x 6" clear stamp set."


That little bird was just calling to me so I was happy to colour up the fresh strawberry stopping spot for this cute little guy.  My berries are almost ripe with a little bit of green on the bottoms, all coloured up with Copic Markers.  I think purply-blue is a great backdrop for the red of the berries, so I added that in the background and also in the striped patterned paper, which I overstamped with another of the images in the set, the juicy raspberries.  Overstamping on a lightly patterned designer paper is a great way to make it look custom for your card.  


Such a cute little sentiment too!  I added some sweet die cut hearts, blue Nuvo dots and a little strip of sparkly ribbon for embellishing.  It just needed that touch of sparkle.  




6 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this is cheerful and cute. The background looks like jean material with the berries stamped on it. I adore this.

Leslie Miller said...

I just love how you colored this, Christine, especially the bird with its feathery streaks. Such a cute card design!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love the background paper and the subtle stamped images on it, and your main image is just colored beautifully!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine!!! Love the way you did the background and your colouring is just incredible!!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Awesome Christine, I love the background stamping on the blue, great idea. Your image is just gorgeous and your colouring aswell.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Broni said...

SO pretty! I love the bright colors!