Thursday, June 27, 2019

Woodland Carpet


We’re at Day Two of the Enchanted Garden Release at Power Poppy!  Today it’s earthy, summery and fun with the new Woodland Carpet!   This is what Marcy had to say about this sweet set:  Flora, fauna, fungi and other treasures of the forest floor are celebrated in this unique new 4" x 8" clear stamp set. Five images and five sentiments provide cardmakers opportunities to make both masculine and feminine cards. The vignettes are large enough to be a generous focal image. Remember to look down on your next outing, you just might miss a miraculous, mossy mound bursting with life. 

I had a lot of fun bringing colour to this sweet set using Copics.  There’s nothing as cute as little red mushrooms in the forest, so, though they could be coloured a lot of different ways, today they’re the fairy kind.  I’ve used the other stamp in the set as the background and also sponged some distress ink on the papers to give it some more earthiness.  I think it would be great as a masculine card.  


Just a couple of wood veneer stars and some twine to accent!  I thought the stars were a sweet touch with the “wonder” theme of the sentiment.  With such a pretty detailed image, you don’t need a lot.  The Copics I used are below:  


Christine Okken (you are here)
and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

10 comments:

Broni said...

So earthy and gorgeous, Christine!!

Lisa said...

I love this card, it is stunning! You colored the mushrooms into my very favorite, I always call them "the Alice in Wonderland mushrooms" :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I love this in the oval and the other stamp used as a background border! We always see those mushrooms around here in the fall. The gingham and stars add to the fun of your card. This is so cute, Christine, and, of course, beautiful colored.

Helen said...

What an awesome card! Just finished visiting all of the bloomie blogs and am as awed by these creations as I am by the nature these cards reflect. tfs

Janet Ingraham said...

Would not have thought to use a bright checker background. Perfect!

Kathy Jones said...

Christine, you always blow my mind with your colouring and style!! This is gorgeous and that tone on tone mushroom border behind the image is just awesome!!

Julie Koerber said...

What a darling little scene you've created here! I love the white accents on the toadstools and how you used the stamp as a background accent -- just so fun!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Stunning Christine, your card is absolute stunning. I love red mushrooms with white dots. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration.

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, just love the wonderful coloring, you have just brought this to life!

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK!! Oh your woodland scene is awesome. I love the stamped mushrooms in the back and the wood accents are perfect. I LOVE this! Fantastic!