Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Two Techniques with Crafty Meraki!

 


Hello Crafty Meraki friends!  Today I’m back with week THREE of my Guest design posts for Crafty Meraki , and this week we’re all about techniques!  I have two designs with two different techniques but similar colour palettes to show you today.  

First up, I created a design that showcases foiling, ink blending, and a faux spotlight technique with a lovely result.  

I began by ink blending the background of white paper with Distress Oxide Inks in blues to raspberry shades in an ombre feel.  I heat set the paper and then foiled the beautiful 
Crafty Meraki Elegance Hot Foil Plate onto it with my Glimmer Machine in silver.  I foiled the image a second time on Copic XPress it Blending paper, and used that for Copic colouring part of the image.  


When my colouring was completed, I trimmed out the part of the image that I wanted to use as a type of “spotlight” of the design, where just part of the image is coloured, and attached it with foam dots.  


I also foiled the sentiment from Handmade Love.  I die cut a sparkly silver frame to add attention to the Copic coloured part of the design, which also serves to anchor that part of the card, and finally added some silver enamel dots for more shimmer and shine.  

My second card showcases embossing and watercoloring!


I have loved watercolouring for so many years, so it was high time I pulled it out again!   I began by heat embossing the lovely arrangement from the stamp set Reason to Smile onto watercolour paper with Embossing ink and a heat tool.  The raised silver embossing creates a “border” for the watercolouring to sit in which makes painting the small sections a quick process.  I used Daniel Smith watercolours for their beautiful vibrancy.  


I painted in a very soft wash of background, some paint splatter and then white acrylic paint splatter to bring some texture.  


The embossed sentiment is included in the set and I added it onto a coordinating colour of cardstock, trimmed it out and popped it up on the design with foam dots, and a few enamel dots to match.  That soft creamy white is such a lovely backdrop for the vibrant flowers!  

Thanks for joining me today!  

No comments: