Thursday, June 16, 2022

Bridal Shower Card Set


Last weekend I attended the Bridal Shower of one of our daughter’s friends.  As a gift I decided to make her a set of thank you cards that she could use for the wedding, or any other occasion really.  I rarely do assembly line cards because I don’t enjoy it as much, but I created 8 cards and coordinating envelopes as a nice set for her using The Greetery’s Spring Mix stamp set, stencils and matching die.  As long as you pick a nice colour palette, it makes gorgeous cards every time!   For these cards, I used a primary colour palette with coral and orange in place of the red.  


Of course I decided to make the card set the day OF the shower, so I was scrambling to get out the door and only took these pictures near our window, so the the corals, yellow and orange have a bit more warmth to them in real life.   
 

I used these Distress and Distress Oxide Inks:  Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Blueprint Sketch, Campfire, Saltwater Taffy, Crackling Campfire and Salty Ocean in the background.   Just a touch of sparkle with some clear sequins and the popped up sentiment.  Doing this type of card using layered stencils always reminds me of screen-printing :)


All tied up in a bow for the shower!  

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, I am sure she was thrilled to have very special thank you's she could give out!

Leslie Miller said...

I can't even imagine crafting something this gorgeous and detailed the day of! I need a lot of time these days. Seems too many interruptions. What a beautiful gift!