Friday, May 17, 2019

Watercoloured Spring Robin & Columbine



Greetings Friday Friends!  One of the things I’m enjoying right now is walking outside and listening to the robins chirp in our neighbourhood.  What a pretty sound it is!  As I was thinking about their sweet song, I found this beautiful image I had already printed out from Power Poppy called Cup of Columbine.  It deserved some attention, so I pulled out my Daniel Smith Watercolours and worked on adding some colour to make a cheerful scene.  This image is also available in polymer in the set, Cheerful Columbine.  


I used some tiny brushes 0 and 1 and gave the little robin lots of detail strokes to make those feathers come to life.  I added a gingham stripe to the napkin to tie in all the colours of the columbine blooms and I gave that pretty robin’s egg some speckles.  Those hosta leaves were fun to paint!   And, because I need more Birthday cards, I stamped the sentiment from Power Poppy’s set, Party Time.  


Another peek at the blossoms.  To tie the different colours together, I added some Imperial Purple into the Quinachridone Coral of the lower blossoms, this way they mirror each other a bit better.  


How about some SALE news?  It’s a Weekend Stamp Steal at Power Poppy and this week we’ve got gorgeous orchids for you!  Three sets are on sale,  Orchids Rock in polymer and two digital sets, Orchid Cascade and Lady Slipper Orchid for this weekend only!   Pop on over to Power Poppy to pick yours up! 


and
Me!

6 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Christine, this is absolutely dreamy! I love the looks you have been creating with watercolor lately -- just beautiful!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeoussssssss Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Wow, outstanding job coloring this beauty, such lovely detail!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! This is so beautiful! Amazing watercoloring, but you know I'm a fan. I printed this image the other day. Don't know when I'll get around to coloring it, but I hope I can make it look a tenth this good. Wow!

Traci M said...

This is my favorite card you’ve made ever...so much so that I attempted not once, but twice to watercolor this stamp and I still have nothing to show for my efforts. If you ever made a video for watercolor, I would be watching! Meanwhile I will just admire your gorgeous card! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my! Christine, your watercoloring continues to get better and better (hard to believe it too since I love everything you've done so far). But this sweet bird is amazing. The details are so stunning, and what beautiful colors in the flowers and the sweet gingham towel. Totally in LOVE with this card. I agree with Leslie. Hope to work on my watercoloring one day. Hugs and love! xoxo