Monday, June 17, 2024

Ginkgo Love with The Greetery


In this life I have been so very blessed to have a husband who is such a good Dad.  All the things a kid hopes for in a Father are things my beloved exemplifies, and I thank the Lord for Him!  This was my card for him for Father’s Day, it incorporates the very beautiful Ginkgo Botanicuts from The Greetery, which I picked up on their recent sale.  Did you know ginkgo symbolizes resilience, healing and longevity?  Perfect for a card for him!    
 


I love that these leaves can be masculine in theme.  I started with Eucalyptus cardstock from Concord & 9th and ink blended both Eucalyptus and Rainforest ink onto the leaves to given them some depth and bring out the detail veins in the die.  Then I splattered them wiht Rainforest ink and white acrylic paint.  

Next,  I placed them onto a card base cut from Pebble cardstock which I had ink blended deeper mushroom ink onto.  Its a great earthy look.  Some leaves are glued down some are popped up slightly for a great sense of dimension and texture.  


The foiled sentiment is from Spellbinders, Must-Have Sentiments Glimmer, and it’s foiled in a gunmetal silver shade.  To keep it very simple since there is some much going on with the leaves, I added a few coordinating enamel dots.  

No comments: