Saturday, May 27, 2023

Fresh Air Watercolours from SSS

 

I’m always drawn to beautiful florals, and stamps you can use more than one way, and in this case, with one of my favourite styles, watercolour.  So, this gorgeous set and coordinating dies from Simon Says Stamps called Fresh Air Flowers really caught my eye.  Aren’t they beautiful!?  

I achieved the watercolour effect by stamping them with Concord & 9th Ink on Arches watercolour paper, then misting them with water to allow them to bleed.  That soft effect is so pretty.  The background is a mix of tulips, delphinium and petunias, at least that’s what I imagine them to be.  


Next, a layer of MFT’s Elegant Stitched Arches dies in vellum  to soften the watercolour effect even more, and Fig C & 9 cardstock.  Then I added the embossed sentiment from the set, stamped and die cut flowers from the set as the focal piece.  I tucked in a cardstock circle under the vellum so you could see the sentiment.  


A really fun design to get inky with to play along in Simon Says Stamp Watercolour Challenge.  

No comments: