Monday, May 29, 2023

Bee Balm and Colours I Rarely Use

 


I never use purple.  It’s just never on my radar.  It was my Mom’s favourite colour and my husband really likes it because it was one of his high school and college colours, but I rarely reach for it.  But, to honour my Mom whom I’m missing, I thought I’d do a few purple cards this week.  It’s been almost 3 years since she went to be with Jesus.  We’re doing so much better in our grief, but its just not the same without her.  

She would have loved this design. Flowers and purple!  Totally her thing.  And I have to admit, the purple on purple drama is really striking.  I’ve seen a lot of cards these days that are embracing that dark on dark layered flair.  This design uses Power Poppy’s Vibrant Thanks stamp set (retired).  I grow Bee Balm that looks a lot like this so it was delightful to mimic that in my design.  Colouring is done with Copics, and it’s layered on vellum that has been coloured up with Ink Blending.    


I’m also completely infactuated with my Spellbinders Glimmer Foiling Machine, and this lovely foiled background from SSS called Bohemian Background, and Spellbinders Speckled Prism foil.  Super pretty in its shimmer.  I’m so glad I purchased the foiling system.  It’s been really fun to play with and the effects are beautiful.  The sentiment is from Spellbinders as well, Mini Sincere Sentiments.  


To add to the tone on tone I also added the pretty die cut flowers from PaperTrey Inks Into the Blooms: Gerber Daisies to accent around the sentiment.  

No comments: