Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Perfect Shape Cards

 


I’ve had such a good time playing with new products from Concord and 9th this week!  I ordered the Triangle Background Dies and got really inky!  There are a ton of ways you could use this die, but I started by creating some backgrounds on watercolour paper with Lindy’s Magical Powders.  Once they were dry, I used the smaller triangle dies to cut out all sorts of triangles, and began to create patterns on the die cut triangle background.  Today I’m showing you two cards, but I have about 4 others to show you at another date.  

What I just love about Lindy’s Magical Powders is that many of them create shimmery effects, and because many of the pigment powders have other colours in them, you get all sorts of unique effects once they’re spritzed with water.  For this card I went with an argyle pattern, off-setting the triangles slightly so the background shows through.  


You can see more of that shimmery effect here.  I added holeless sequins as accent and the sentiment is embossed and coloured from Studio Katia.  


On this design I lined up the triangles in the background pattern, and added the embossed Essential Sentiments from MFT, as well as some sparkly enamel dots.  

I love the great effects of the colours and patterns.  Triangles are the perfect shape!  


1 comment:

Claire said...

Amazing backgrounds - never seen those powders before but they look like great!