Friday, January 20, 2023

From Our Nest to Yours

 


One of the most common birds found at our bird feeders are Chickadees and I enjoy watching them take shelter from the cold tucked in each day.  This little cutie from Power Poppy called My Little Chickadee is such a fun and easy one to colour up, that its perfect for the latest Blossom Challenge: Clean Slate theme for clean and simple cards. He’s ruffled up and on this winterberry branch ready to sing a song!  

I created a mini-slimline design with blocks of colour in patterned paper that coordinated with the colours I used with Copics.  


Some soft pointillism dotted blue-grey background is a soft touch, and the accents are simple die cut branches from The Greetery which I added mica flakes to, to simulate sparkly icy snow.  


You get a sense of the sparkle on this view, it’s really shimmery in real life!

I hope you can join us for The Blossom Challenge:  Clean Slate HERE!  

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, pretty coloring and love the papers!