Sunday, January 22, 2023

Hippo Birthday!


Birthday cards are such fun to create!  Our nephew celebrated 12 years this weekend and I didn’t like the cards I had to choose from, so I pulled out some images I had previously coloured up, and looked up MFT’s latest Sketch Challenge which worked to pull this design together.  

I’m using MFT’s Picture Perfect Party Animals Stamp set. These guys look like they’re having a great time, and their energy matches our nephew’s goofiness.  



I’ve added some stencilling and embossing to the red layer to go with the round balloons in the images, and then popped up some balloon dies, adding strings to them with a multi-liner pen, and white highlights, with a few enamel dots to coordinate.   


The inside coordinates with the outside using a scrap of the embossed paper.  

1 comment:

Anita said...

This is so adorable and I love the bright, cheerful colors!