Thursday, February 10, 2022

Forced Hyacinth Bloom


Way up here in Alberta we’ve had a beautiful week of melting and sunshine.  While it will be a long time until all our snow is melted, it’s got me in the mood for flowers.  Some seeds I ordered for the spring arrived in the mail, and I can’t wait to see them bloom this year.  So, to suit the mood, I pulled out anothe of my images in my Colouring Catch-Up Challenge and put it into a card design.  This gorgeous forced hyacinth is a stunning one from Power Poppy called Hyacinth Bulb in Glass.  And it makes such a striking design.  Colouring is done with Copics and I’ve added touches of lace, sequins and faceted dots to accent.  


I’ll never forget visiting Butchart Gardens on Vancouver Island one Spring and being almost overcome by the fragrance of all the hyacinths they had on display.   I thought I’d include one of the pictures so you can enjoy the Spring scene vicariously too!  


Thanks for joining me today!  

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful coloring of this hyacinth, Christine. I feel so fortunate to see it. I've been to Butchart twice -- once in summer and once in early fall -- but would love to see it in the spring.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my this is so lovely, I too am excited to see spring come, and this card makes for a lovely spring card, love all the colors you used. Love your little touch of ace too :)