Sunday, February 13, 2022

TCP February Release Goes Postal!

Hi TCP friends, and Happy Valentine’s Day!  I’m back for another round of our February Release at The Cat’s Pajamas!  Today I’ve created three projects around the postal theme you’ll find in this release.

I’m kicking it off with these adorable Conversation Hearts set that will really get you in the Valentine spirit.  I looked up some fun details about the history of these sweet chalky candies and they’ve been around in this heart shape since 1902, but much earlier than that in a disc shape.  Can’t you remember sharing them with friends at school?  I sure remember searching those messages for just the right saying!

This sweet design makes the most of the Small Envie Cutable file  to showcase each of the hearts and messages popping out of the little white envelopes.  I’ve accented with a pretty mini-plaid paper to coordinate and added some twine and die cut arrows for accent.

This next design makes use of the same mini envelope, but insead using vellum.

I began by watercolouring the background and splatter with some Daniel Smith Watercolours and some metallic watercolours from Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi.  It adds such nice shimmer.  Next I used a star stencil and embossing paste to add a bit of texture to the design.

I made use of the Small Envie Cutable for the heart, vellum envelope, and the then beautiful “Always” sentiment cut from glitter paper.  It adds just the right touch of sparkle.

Next up....our final postal themed card with an adorable mailbox!

Here in Canada our mailboxes are primarily red, so I had to create one just like it!  I love this adorable Mailbox Cutable.  Those tiny little envelopes are so cute!  I placed the mailbox on a layer of vellum cut with the postage themed file in the set.

The background is created with a new fun and funky alphabet called Babydoll Alphabet  tipped in different directions and in different shades of grey and black.  I think it makes a great background.  I added some pops of red using  the Conversation Hearts from the set.

Makes a sweet note for friends and loved ones!

Here’s a peek at all the new goodies I used today:

BabyDollSmall Envie Curable SVG Mailbox Cutable SVGS Conversation Hearts 

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

So much fun! I have the mailbox... not sure if it's the same, but I do love it and the stamp set I purchased with it. Your cards are just darling, Christine!