Friday, February 21, 2020

Roses are Yellow



Happy Friday friends!  What is your favourite colour for a rose?  I think they are beautiful no matter what colour they come in.  Today I’m bringing a tiny taste of summer and sunshine using some warm yellows and cool blues on this lovely Power Poppy Rose Digital Stamp Set.  Believe it or not, it’s a FREE image!  Isn’t it stunning?  I enjoyed bringing it to life using both Copic Markers and Prismacolour pencils.  

With such an elegant looking flower, I wanted to create an equally classy background and frame, so I used some iridescent embossing paste through a Tim Holtz Stencil (Gothic) and framed the image with some pretty dies (Spellbinders for the elegant frame).  The touch of ric rac stencil along the right side is from MFT and I’ve added a little touch of yellow baker’s twine.  


The sentiment is stamped with Power Poppy’s set - Dynamic Duos:  Glads and Gerberas.  And a few iridescent sequins add a touch of accent.  


Here’s a peek at the colouring tools I used.  The only pencil not showing is the blue that I used to add the background to the image.  

Pop on over and find more fabulous Friday inspiration with the rest of the Bloomie and Instant Gardeners playing along today...

Barbara C
Barbara W
Broni
Christine (me!)
Jessie
Julie
Stacy

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous colouring and card Christine

gr karin

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Yellow roses are you favorite and the way you coloring this is awesome Christine! I like the framing and your coloring is outstanding.

Barb said...

So very pretty, Christine! I love the combination of Copic and pencil.You've captured a wonderful texture on the rose. It looks real! I want to sniff it! :)

Helen said...

This is so lovely, Christine. Your color work is beautifully done...the Power Poppy designs are wonderful to work with. tfs

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring, I love that shade of yellow, beautiful framing of it!

JoanneO said...

Beautiful! My Dad's favorite flower was the yellow rose and your card made me think of him. He has been gone for a long time... he passed in '57.. and even thou I still miss him your yellow rose made me feel good!

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Goreous colouring Christine, I love roses.
I love them in all colours but my favorite is still a dark red rose.
Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous work and have a great weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

Your coloring is always jaw dropping, and equally pretty is your card design with the embossing, the decorative dies, and the baker's twine up the side. Perfection!

Julie Koerber said...

This is amazing Christine! With the accents you added using colored pencils, I almost feel like I can reach through my computer screen and feel those velvety petals. Just breathtaking!