Monday, February 17, 2020

Aloe You Very Much

Waving hello friends!  Remember me?  It’s been more than 7 weeks since I’ve said hello, and wow, 13 weeks since I’ve created something.  I appreciate those of you who are still here with me after all this time.  The longest blogging break I’ve taken in the 12 years I’ve been doing this.  I’m happy that some of my creative spirit is being restored.  

Our family is mending.  My husband is gaining in strength all the time and Doctors are pleased with his progress, believing it’s likely he’s in remission from Hairy Cell Leukemia;  though he’s still being treated for the fungal pneumonia for another 6 months, he’s improving there as well.  Thank you to all of you have thought of us and prayed for us when we’ve come to mind in everything that happened last year.  We are feeling very grateful.  

Today, I’m kicking off the return with a fun little design from The Cat’s Pajamas for their most recent challenge to showcase Stencils.  


I pulled out this adorable little set from TCP called Stuck on You which combines the oh-so sweet stamp set and coordinating dies, and then paired that with this beautiful new Stencil called Succulent to create this dreamy background.  You can see I borrowed my son’s new echiverea succulent for this photoshoot, he’s named it Suzanne.  I tell him he should call it “baby Yoda”.  

For the background effect I began by using the stencil on watercolor paper and blended Linen Distress Ink with the Big Beautiful Blending Brush.  Then I pulled out my Daniel Smith watercolors and petal by petal coloured in the different succulents in blues and greens.  It is such a fun effect,  as the watercolor picks up a bit of the neutral distress ink and you see some of the granulating between the colours.  


The cutie patootie potted succulents are also watercolored and I’ve mixed a couple of embossing powders to get the varigated effect for the sentiment flag.  



Hopefully that made you smile today!  


You have just 10 days left to join us in the challenge to be in the entry for a $10 TCP Gift Code!  Link up HERE!  



4 comments:

Helen said...

Glad to hear that things are improving and that your creativity is returning. Thanks for sharing this delightful card. It's good to have your blog back in operation.

Conniecrafter said...

It is so good to hear from you and to see that you are creating once again!
Glad to hear the good news that your hubby is improving, prayers that he continues to feel stronger and better each passing day!
Your card is just too cute, I like your idea of putting them on the vellum so that they don't blend in with the background but it doesn't take away from it either.

Leslie Miller said...

I love the way these colors look and those are the cutest little succulent pots! Very cheerful with their little faces. It's good to see you back, Christine!

Katy McGloin said...

I just want to tell you how happy I am to hear family life is improving. The returning joy is once again driving your creativity. Your card is delightful!