Friday, August 30, 2019

Watercolour Magnolia Prayers



It’s Friday!  That means some creative work from me for Power Poppy.  This week I’m showing you another little gem I watercoloured while we were on vacation in July on Vancouver Island.  It’s with the striking Saucer Magnolia set from Power Poppy.  This gorgeous branch is not shy about showing off it’s amazing blooms.  Now I know Magnolias are more of a spring flower, but I just felt the need to colour them while we were in BC because they are a climate that can actually grow them. Not so much in Alberta.  

The image is printed on Arches Cold Pressed 90 Lb paper, and then watercoloured with Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolours.  The background is created with a Tim Holtz stencil and some iridescent embossing paste.  


The pretty die cut sentiment is from MFT.  I also watercolored it just a big in an ombre fashion to separate it from the cream of the background.  I’m going to be sending this to someone who could use the encouragement that across the miles, I’m praying for them.  We all need to know that we are supported and held up by others.  

Finished off with just a few iridescent holeless sequins which take on the colour of the flowers depending on which way you tilt the card.  The card is sized a wee bit larger than an A2, more like a 6 x 4 1/2 so I could make room for those big petals!  

and Me!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Absolutely stunning Christine!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, they will be very touched by this beauty!

Leslie Miller said...

This is unbelievably beautiful, Christine. You just get better every day. You friend will fall in love with and be comforted by this delicate branch of Magnolia blooms.

Helen said...

Oh my goodness! This card is sooo beautiful! Your color work is amazing as is your overall card design. tfs