Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Stained Glass Tulips


Feeling like something sunny and spring-like?  Today I have the second stained glass design using the stamps I found from my stash.  I posted the Iris version a few weeks ago, but today it’s cheery tulips!  Mine are about to bud here, and I can’t wait for the colour they’ll bring.  Tulips are one of my all time favourite cut flowers.  A bouquet of roses is lovely, but I’m just as happy with tulips in the spring!  

As I mentioned last time, I really don’t know where these stamps came from.  They are wood mounted rubber but with no distinguishing marks.  I remember buying them because I loved the unique stained glass effect.  They are really perfect for watercolouring after embossing because of the borders that the embossing creates to hold your watercolouring in place.  To get some nice saturated colour I’ve used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. 
Some pretty patterned paper accents the colour of the tulips and a pretty polka-dotted satin ribbon gives it just the right touch.  The pretty sentiment is from Power Poppy's Party Time set, embossed and accented with an enamel dot.  It makes for a nice CAS design.  

Appreciate your visit!  Blessings on your day!

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and cheerful card Christine
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

They are just beautiful and I love the papers and ribbon that compliment it perfectly!

Traci M said...

Gosh, this is so lovely...the vibrant colors are perfect with the paper...such a sweet design layout also, Christine!! I am loving these stained glass cards. Also your watercolor scripture cards are beyond words...I need t get back to comment on all of them soon. Have a blessed day!

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, this is so colorful and pretty and I absolutely love it! Such beautiful, vibrant color with your Zigs, and it really does look like stained glass. Somehow I missed the irises, but they're gorgeous, too. Thanks for linking back. Some stamps are hard to give up. I'm big on purging, but some I just can't let go, especially if I can color it. Small spaces do require hard choices, though.

Daria said...

I love this. Your bright colors make this image so cheerful. I have the tulip stamp, and it still has a label on it. It says Anita's, copyright Sugarloaf, Inc.