Friday, August 30, 2024

Cozy Sweater and Red Rose Drama with Crafty Meraki



Well Hi!  I’ve got a fun surprise today as I am guesting with Crafty Meraki’s August Release called the Bountiful Release!  I have two cards to show you today, one with lots of texture and one with lots of drama!  

First up is this pretty clean white design showcasing the new dies called Strip Suite Chevron Chic.  Its a fantastic set of dies that come in three chevron patterns for borders - or as I’ve used it on this design, a whole card front.  To me it has the look of a cableknit sweater.  


After adding the chevrons to the cardbase, I also cut out a little bit of foiliage with the Olive Leaf Meraki Para-Dies, in deep green cardstock, and then the sentiment with the Meraki Moments Hello Para-Dies, in sparkly white glitter paper.  It’s simplicity is so striking.


To accent and keep it simple - I added one tiny red “chevron” piece, that I think reads like a sparkly red heart!  
Next up some bold colouring drama! 


This pretty flower spray uses the gorgeous previously released Birthday Bouquet Stamp Set , I stamped the image on Copic XPress It Blending paper, and only used a portion of it, colouring it with Copics and coloured pencil.  


The card base is treated with some deep mushroom ink blending to deepen the surface, then I added the brand new Zig Zag Zoom Die cut strip to the card base in varying widths.  It makes a great backdrop to the flowers!


The card is finished with an embossed sentiment from the stamp set, and a few enamel hearts which make it perfect for a Birthday - or a Wedding!  

If you pop on over to my Instagram page you’ll see lots more inspiration on the Hop for Crafty Meraki today!  And YOU COULD WIN a gift certificate to the Crafty Meraki store!   

Thanks for joining me today!

No comments: