Sunday, May 5, 2024

Blossoms for Mother’s Day with Waffle Flower

 


Hello!  I just had a card sale for local friends and realized I didn’t have a lot of Mother's Day or Father’s Day cards, so I decided to add a few to the stash and started with these beautiful die cute blooms from Waffle Flower called  Painted Flowers Layering Die.  These have a really expressive beauty to them with lots of texture and layers.  I added some ink blending details on each petal, and then after I had glued/or put foam dots between the layers, I also added in some details with coloured pencil.  


I layered them on cardstock that I had ink blended with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink, splattered with water, with a little die cut circle as the “wreath” anchor.  I cut an extra blossom with the dies and chose to make a coordinating tag to go with the card.  It’s always nice when you can add something extra like that for gift packaging. 


It has a really fresh look with the pretty colour combination.  The sentiments are actually really old wood ones I had in my stash from Stampin’ Up!  I thought their simple fonts were a lovely touch for the designs.    Thanks for joining me today!  

1 comment:

Lyn said...

So beautiful <3