Friday, May 3, 2024

Honey Bee Designer Birthday Cake


It's a sweet Saturday celebration!  I recently picked up a few goodies from Honey Bee Stamps and am SO delighted by them!  This wonderful designer cake would be one I wouldn’t even want to eat, it’s so pretty!  It’s called Wonderful Wishes Stencils, and let me tell you, I’m so impressed with it!  



Because the stencilling is so detailed, it’s important that all your layers line up, exactly, and these stencils have each layer etched into the heavy-weight stencil so lining up is a dream.  I picked a pretty spring-like palette and added extra popped up layers of some of the posies to give it more dimensions, a little leaf accents the foiled sentiment (Spellbinders).   I even inkblended the cake stand too look like green milk-glass.  

The background layer is a double stripe coverplate from Concord & 9th.  Perfect for a contrast from all the flowery goodness.  


Finished off with a few enamel dots in the cake for texture.  Ready for a garden party celebration!  

 

No comments: