Monday, May 6, 2024

Zesty Cards for TCP May!


Lemon Branch Birthday Card
Oh I’m just overflowing with joy to bring you the new cards for TCP’s May Release!  Seriously, there are SO many fun new digital sets that are so fun and full of delight, I’m going to have a hard time limiting myself this month!  Today, I have two fun designs for you that are both colourful and punny!  

We’ll kick it off with these wonderful lemons called Cute Citrus or Not.  What I love about this one is that it has cute kawaii style images with cute little faces - or you can go the route I went and use the fruit without the faces.  So, the lemon branch with blossoms is what I chose to work with.  I LOVE fruit images!  It has lots of vibrant lemony Copic colouring with some added pointillims dots to give you the texture of the fruit.  


After colouring, I trimmed the image out and placed it on a watercolour panel that I painted a pretty teal and green watercolour background.  it really makes the lemons pop!  


Then its a few enamel dots and a punny sentiment from another new set called Citrusly that is HILARIOUS in it’s punny sentiments.  

Next it’s a little more earthy...with these cuties called So Mushroom


For this mini-slimline design I printed the mushrooms stacked behind each other in a row so that I could  colour them with Copics and trim the out.  I placed the trio on a gold foiled woodgrain background to capture that cozy forest floor feeling.   


I added a retired TCP die grass border to anchor the image and really give you the feeling of dimension between the mushrooms.  The sentiment is a cute one for a husband, son or guy friend, and a woodgrain arrow accent accents it just right.  

 
Thanks for popping by, and I hope you had as much fun as I did checking out these new stamps!  Here’s a peek at the new sets below. 







No comments: