Monday, March 4, 2024

TCP March Release Dragons...and Laundry!

 


Hi There!  March has arrived and that means a new release from The Cat’s Pajamas!  And today I’m bringing you two cards created with new products!  My first design happens to contain one of my all time favourite TCP images from the set Bunnies in Flight.  I just think a Viking Bunny riding a dragon is a hoot!  

I really had fun incorporating clear cardstock with this design to showcase the feeling of being suspended in mid-flight. 


After colouring the bunny and dragon with Copics, I die cut some hill dies, as well as some clouds from a retired TCP die.  I made a small 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inside card with the hills that opens up for writing in, but then I layered the clouds and bunny inside and outside of the acetate cardstock.  


Here you can see that even closed, it looks like he’s flying over the snow dusted hills (colored pencil lightly coloured), high up in the clouds!  

Let the adventures begin!  It was a fun card to put together.  

Next up is a sweet design that’s perfect for the laundry room, or even a welcome baby card. 


This cutie uses the new digi Shine On.  I thought it would be adorable to create a frame around this punny saying with elements from the set.  So, I arranged it on my computer and then printed it out on Copic XPress It Blending paper, slightly lightening the transluscence so that it would have a softer effect for the pastel colours I wanted to use.  


Colouring is done with Copics, with a few white gel pen accents, and then the centre of the frame is fussy cut out to create a window for the sentiment.  Placed on coordinating plaid paper, it has a fresh Spring cleaning appeal.  See how the washing machine is 1/2 full of H20?!  


A few enamel dots add some fun 3D accents.  




No comments: