Monday, February 19, 2024

Inky Blossoms with Alex Syberia



Hello!  I hope you’ve had a great day today!  Do you ever rediscover a technique after not using it for a while?  The most recent Instagram Challenge at Simon Says Stamp is ink blending, and I’d forgotten how wonderful it is for adding colour blends, especially with emboss resist!  

I started this lovely design with Alex Syberia’s digital stamp Full Bloom (from May 2020).  Coloured up the blooms with Copics and coloured pencils.  
 

Next, I tooks the background stamp from Simon Says Stamps called Lace Heart Kaleidoscope embossed it in white and then used ink shades that coordinated with the colouring to create an ombre background.  I love the pops of colour and blends between the colours, and it makes such a nice background for the card.  I also cut a few Big Branches: Ruscus Die from The Greetery onto white cardstock to ink blend as accents.  The leaves coordinate well with the stamped design.  

I also foiled a pretty sentiment onto vellum from Spellbinders Slimline Confetti Background doing some fussy cutting to trim it out.    


Vibrant and saturated.  Just how I love my flowers!  Thanks for joining me today.  


2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the colors

Leslie Miller said...

Ink blending is most definitely a lot of fun and you produced beautiful results with the emboss resist technique. All the better with those exquisitely colored flowers in the foreground!