Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Slimline Daffodils with Power Poppy


It’s mid week!  And it’s almost Spring!  I’m really enjoying our increase in light each morning and evening!  It’s put me in a sunny mood, and there’s nothing better than daffodils to create more sunshine.  These beauties are from Power Poppy and are called Daffodil Bouquet.  I think they are fantastic mixed in with some tiny grape hyacinth, it’s a personal favourite combination I have planted in my front flower beds.  

The colouring for the image comes with Copics, and finished off with coloured pencils.  I say it generally because I use a mix now of Prismacolors and Polychromos pencils.  


The background was another fun experiment with ink blending and a stencil in an ombre fashion using Distress Oxide inks.  A little splatter of water addes some interest, and the sentiment is both stamped, and then white gel pen is added in the letters to define them against the ink blended background.  


I chose to go with no embelishments on this one, and just let those fussy cut flowers shine.  


Have an incredible day everyone!  I hope the sun shines on you beautifully.  

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love this color combo and the basket weave look to the background