Monday, February 26, 2024

Happy Day Florals with Alex Syberia


Hi There!  Today I’m bringing you another oh so lovely floral from Alex Syberia Designs.  It’s another Digital Image from them with such amazing colouring potential!   Because they are in the process of moving, I can’t locate the design on the shop, but it’s called Flower Garden Card Panel.  

One of the things I’m loving lately is finding unique colour palettes, whether through other cards I’m inspired by or products I see, and then swatching them with Concord & 9th’s colours so I have an inspiration jumping off point for cards.  This was a fun one with the warm shades on the petals and the cool shades in the leaves.  


I’ve combined Copic colouring with coloured pencils to finihs off the design.  Because the flowers are so vibrant I wanted them to take centre stage, so I added a small sentiment from Concord & 9th’s cutie patootie dies Short and Sweet.  They are stacked 3 x to get some added height, and then it’s really simple embellishments to accent the sentiment, and coordinate with the colours.  


All layered on a 3D embossed card base with Spellbinder’s Embossing Folder.  
It’s a great day to have a happy day!  



 

No comments: