Thursday, February 15, 2024

Embroidered Bouquet with The Greetery


Hello!  It doesn’t feel like there are enough hours in the day to create does it?  There are seasons where so many ideas are brewing in my head and cute products are sitting on my desk and yet I’m tuckered out from a day of work.  So, though I wanted to check out last night on the couch nursing the head cold I have, I spent a little bit of time pulling this design together with products from The Greetery, and you know what?  I felt better for having done it!  


I started with a colour palette in my head using Concord & 9th’s Carnation, Briar Rose, Ballet Slipper, Lemongrass, Nutmeg and Wheat.  I cut out an assortment of flowers using The Greetery’s  Embroidered Blooms Dies, which haven’t gotten nearly enough love from me.  Each of the flowers and leaves were ink blended with coordinating inks.   


The flowers were arranged on a base cut of Aida Cloth die to tie in that embroidery theme, here you can see what great texture all the elements have.  I’ve also added a foiled sentiment using a pretty rose gold foil with a Spellbinders sentiment set Must Have Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil.  


It makes for such an interesting texured card.  I love the spashes of colour and how pretty it all ties together.  Now....a nap :)  

No comments: