Friday, February 16, 2024

Stitching Saturday - Rosy Glow

Hello, happy Saturday!  It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done any stitching and I was missing it a bit, so I pulled out an old pattern from the web and revamped it a bit for the size of my die.  I have learned that I am not actually a good cross-stitcher, in that I’m terrible at following the pattern 100%!  Either I’m not counting properly (o brother), or I’m improvising something.  Probably not best practises for an actual cross stitching person :)  It still works for me though!  


This pretty rose looks so spring-like in golden tones of apricot and orange!  The sentiment die is my new favourite from Concord & 9th, Short and Sweet Dies. I love it’s petite size and sweet script.  I stacked it in a few layers, and added the vellum background to set it apart from the stitching.  

Such a pretty one, even with my creative improvisation!  

No comments: