Monday, June 5, 2023

Be Happy Blossoms from TCP

Floral Frame Card with Gold Embossed Sentiment

Hello TCP Friends! Im bringing you a new round of inspiration for the beautiful summer season of flowers!  

Today’s design uses the beautiful TCP Polymer set called Sketchy Flowers (retired).  Its one of my all time favourite sets from TCP with its loosely lined florals and leaves.  I stamped an arrangement I liked using my Misti Tool and Memento Desert Sand Ink to really fade away with a no-line look.  

Floral Frame Card with Gold Sentiment

But there is nothing fading about THESE blooms!  I gave them a lot of vibrant colour with Copics, and this time I chose not to blend out the colours as much  between the values as I usually do, and let it be really graphic, almost Andy Warhol illustration style.  It allows all those saturated colours shine! 

Flat lay view of floral framed card showing gold foiling and embossing

Once I was done colouring, I added a gold foiled frame over the flowers, cut out the centre of the colouring layer, creating a “floral frame”.  Beneath the floral frame, I used a cover plate to emboss the cardbase, and then embossed the pretty sentiment and heart from TCP’s Scripted Sentiments (retired) in gold.  

Flatlay Floral Framed Card

A few irridescent holeless sequins finish off that touch of sparkle!  Its a FUN summer design!  

1 comment:

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE those bold, colorful blooms!!!