Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Morning Glory Mercies: Watercoloured Die Cuts

 


Hello!   Today I’m bringing you some beautiful pops of colour on die cuts!  I don’t know how it works for you with inspiration, but sometimes ideas pop into my head that I just have to execute in real life.  As I was thinking about these beautiful new Morning Glory Botanicuts dies I received from The Greetery I knew that I wanted to use bright fushia pink on a navy background.  I think this palette is a really great one!  So, to get that vibrant pink I was looking for, I pulled out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and watercoloured the flowers and greenery on watercolour paper.  Those Zigs really have saturated colour!  I used direct to paper with the markers and then blended with a water brush. Even then the colour is eye-popping.  


After running a slimline cards layer through a Quilted Card Front die from Concord and 9th.  I began to assemble the layers of flowers and attach them with foam dots.  The dimension is really lovely, like the flowers are bursting off the paper. All those layers from the die give such realism.  


The sentiment from The Greetery’s beautiful New Day sentiment set is embossed on navy cardstock for the perfect touches of white and texture.  It’s part of a very hopeful and encouraging Bible verse from Lamentations 3.  Isn’t all that colour lush?  

Appreciate you joining me today!  I hope you’re inspired to create something that delights you too!  

No comments: