Monday, March 27, 2023

Give Me Coffee and No One Gets Hurt

 

Bear in honey patterned tea cup get well card

Hello there TCP Friends!  I'm popping in today at the end of the month to give you another fun look at some of the March New Release items I had a chance to create with recently.  Today has a warm and cozy drink theme that’s totally sweet.  I have two designs to show you, and I’m starting with this cutie honey bear in a tea mug hoping you Get Well Soon!  It’s using two of the March stamp sets, This Could Be Vodka and the sentiment set called Simply Said.  I really wanted to embrace that honey lemon tea theme so I patterned the mug with elements from the set, and coloured the images with Copics.  

Closeup of Bear in Mug on card

He’s paired with a panel that has been stencilled with honeycomb and Distress Oxide ink (Carved Pumpkin and Scattered Straw) to give you that warm all over glow, and then a retired TCP die gives you the elegant peek through of the panel.  

Flat lay view of Bear in Mug card

The background of the card showcases the little bees and the sentiment is accented with a little bee too.  Purple and yellow are a great pairing.  Altogether sweet for a Get Well card.  

Next we have a very fun design for your favourite Coffee Lover.  

Penguins and Coffee mugs card

My husband happens to be one of those coffee lovers, so I know he’d chuckle at this one.  I’ve used the playful pengins from the TCP set Big Cups.  

Penguins and Coffee Cups Closeup card

These little dudes want every last drop of coffee in the cup!  I’ve placed them all over the panel and coloured them with Copics, then I ran the whole layer through a 3D Embossing Folder for a fun tufted look.  

Flatlay of Card with Penguins and Coffee

I’ve canted the angle and added some paper accents to the design to tie in the theme.  They’re always getting into some trouble, and they’re caffeinated now too!  

Here is a peek at the March Release Items I’ve used today:

No comments: