Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Mailable Backgrounds Series: Magnolias

Today I’m starting a series of cards which are all Clean and Simple Designs created to be mailable, but still have lots of colour and design punch.  I needed to send cards to all of our staff who are located all over the US and Canada with a gift card enclosed, so each card needed to have less weight and bulk than a normal card I might make.   With needing to send 20 cards, I tried to maximize my design time by creating similar designs with cohesive themes.  

I’m beginning with four cards I created using PinkFresh Studios beautiful Magnolia Pattern Cling Stamp and coordinating Stencils.  This set has really clean modern lines, so it lends itself really well to backgrounds, and clean and simple designs.  


The main image is stamped with Tuxedo Black ink and the the stencil is used with Distress Oxide Inks (Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold).  Then for each card I treated that background panel a bit differently, here I cut out an arched window with a die, and embossed a sentiment from The Greetery’s set Arched Sentiments.  The contrast of that pop of lime green on the blue-green cardstock really pops.  


In the pairing design I used a slightly darker blue-green cardstock as my arched window, but this version is popped up.  


Making use of all the elements I could, I die cut a tiny arch out for the top design, and then placed that and another small patterned arch on the bottom card in this pairing.  


I chose not to use any accents on the cards so that they would be as flat as possible.  


The two windowed arch also makes use of a beautiful background die from Pink Fresh Studios Intricate Stitched Ovals Coverplate.  The pretty scripted sentiment is from Power Poppy’s Cabbage and Kale.  I’m loving this colour palette!  

I’ll be back later this week with more from my Mailable series of cards!  

No comments: