Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Watercolor Hollyhocks



Today I have a taste of summer for you!  I’ve travelled twice in the last month to different parts of California for work and am hungry for the green and floral months to come back to my area of the world.  

I purchased the beautiful Botanicut Hollyhocks Dies from The Greetery and did some watercolor with them to make a pretty summery arrangement.  I cut the dies several times to give me enough pieces to layer with and then used Daniel Smith watercolours to give the petals and leaves some colour.  This arrangment uses Quinachridone Coral, Quinachridone Violet, Bordeaux, Sap Green and Serpentine Green.  
 

I also softly painted in the background of shadowed stalks of hollyhocks in the distance.  When I achieved an arrangement I liked, I used my Press n Seal to hold it all together, added glue on the back of the stalks and then placed it on the watercoloured background.  


Because I needed some more thank you cards, I added the Thanks Greeting from The Greetery’s set Print Shope Spring Mix along a banner of deep magenta for an extra pop of colour.  

All that dimension, texture and colour is really striking together.    


No comments: