Thursday, February 2, 2023

Happy Camper Mountain Scene

 


Hello and Happy February!  I had such fun creating the scene on my card I’m showing you today!  I picked up this Happy Camper set from My Favorite Things last month because it was on a great sale, I believe because they’re retiring it.  It’s just so cute though!  And perfect for my outdoor loving friends.  I also picked up the Elegant Stitched Stax Dies from MFT and used it upside down to give the look of a “patch” or national park badge so my scene could fit in it.   Look at how cute all the animals are in it!  


I’m a mountain girl at heart and feel so blessed that we have an abundance of mountains in our Province to spend time in, so for this scene, I had to have mountains in it!   I came across one of those ads on Instagram that totally inspired my idea for the scene that I’ll show you below.  Since the stamp set doesn’t have mountains or a lake, I sketched some on XPress It Blending paper and outlined them with a multi-liner pen and coloured the mountains and lake with Copics to add to the picture.  I’m basing my lake after Lake Louise with its crystal turquoise waters, and red canoes you can rent to explore it.  It’s spectacular.  All the pieces are fussy cut out, which took a bit of time, but I finally ordered the dies now, so next time it will go quicker.  

I even added a reflection of the red canoe in the lake!  

These art puzzles were a great inspiration!  I love the 3D effect they have and it was fun to try and mimic that.  


Some of the elements are popped up on foam dots so it really has a 3D feel.  The background sky is sponged with Chipped Sapphire Oxide ink and Black Soot Oxide ink, and then splattered with white acrylic paint for stars.  The green grass is sponged with Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn Disress inks.   

I love the overall depth, dimension and interest I was able to create.  I’d like to cozy up in that hammock right now!  

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic scene, love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card makes my heart swell with fond memories. I love the mountains and forests. Good job improvising your pond. Wonderful card, Christine!