Monday, January 30, 2023

Cupid, Birthdays and Candles Oh My!

 

There’s been a lot of fun going on at The Cat’s Pajamas this month with the sweetest assortment of Birthday and Valentine’s goodies, and I’m back with a few more creations to celebrate!  

With Valentine’s only a few weeks away, I’ll start off today with a fun love card!  Our favourite bunny is playing Cupid today and couldn’t be cuter, he’s Feelin’ Cupidy  and I’ve coloured him up with Copics, trimmed him out and placed him on a vellum lined layer so you can see the pretty background die.  


The patterned paper colours create a great colour backdrop, and I’ve added retired TCP dies (hearts and the Love sentiment).  


The background die was cut several times so I could add the different colours of patterned paper into the die.  


Next a mini-slimline birthday design that also uses a bunch of patterend paper to make it feel extra celebratory! It’s Forget About the Cake!


Bunny is coloured with Copics, and then I’ve added some retired TCP Dies (balloons) to accent.  


A little white gel pen on the balloons and strings gives them that reflective quality, and the feeling they are floating away.  


Last up, I used the sentiment from the Sassy Birthday Digistamp.  This was a fun one to get inky!  For the background I did some ink blending with Distress Inks (Old Paper, Evergereen Bough and Grey) and then pulled out a retired succulent stencil from TCP and used the grey ink to stencil overtop.  Love the effect!  


The sentiment from this set is used letterboard style.  I’ve highlighted a few of the parts of it with Copics, and then added it to the card with some sparkly paper and sequins.  A simple design that packs a punch!

No comments: