Thursday, December 8, 2022

Inspired Nativity

 


Oh the days are counting down towards Christmas!  In a busy season for us I have not done any decorating, or shopping or baking....I’m a little behind.  However, I did do a little creating!  I spoke last week at a Christmas event at our Church and as received a Christmas card thank you from one of the leaders that was so lovely!  I was so inspired by it, that I decided this Christmas design above with many nods to the original card (pictured below).  


I just loved the nativity scene of the shepherds entering Bethlehem, the metallic stars, the circle motif and the great colour combination with navy, blue/green white and peach.  


So I pulled out this beautiful set from Power Poppy called Enchanted Branches Nativity (on sale!), and in Digital its called Enchanted Branches Nativity:  Baby Jesus.  I started by stamping several of the branches in the set, a lamb and the baby Jesus, colouring them up with Copic markers with that great colour palette.  I trimmed out each piece with fussy cutting and added glitter pen to parts of the images.  


For the background I began by embossing silver stars from the set in silver onto cardstock and then sponged an ombre of Salvaged Patina, Unchartered Mariner and Grey Distress Oxide ink to give you that night sky feel.  To tie in the circle motif I placed Jesus onto the die cut circle and framed the image with the branches, accenting with the lamb and the sentiment from the set.  

Love how it turned out!  Hope you enjoyed it too!  

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

You made these stamps more beautiful than I could ever imagine.