Sunday, December 11, 2022

Snowy Hills and Dales


It was a good productive week for our Christmas preparations and I’m also happy to be bringing you another Christmas or Winter design today!  When I saw The Greetery’s release in September with the wonderful Countryside and Rolling Hills dies and Stencils, I knew they could be versatile for Spring, Summer and Fall, but I thought I’d also experiment with how they’d look for winter!  

I began by sponging the night sky background with Distress Oxide Ink (Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Unchartered Mariner and Grey), also adding some splatters of watered down white acrylic paint.  

Next, I used the cutting dies for the rolling hills in white, and sponged some Tumbled Glass onto the hills for a light shadowed touch.  


I added some glitter to the snow, also using the stencil and embossing powder.  Its especially shimmery!  

Then I die cut and sponged the evergreen trees (Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness), and splattered them with watered down white acrylic paint, and placed them on the scene.  

The little house and fence are also die cut then sponged and splattered.  The sentiment is from The Greetery’s stamp set Print Shop:  Spring Mix Stamp, which I also did a little sponging on to deliniate it from the hills.  


 It’s so peaceful and serene, and it stretches the dies for a whole other season!  

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is so very appealing to me, Christine. You sent me on a journey to look at all these parts and I promptly put them on a wish list. You always inspire with your art.