Thursday, July 14, 2022

Goldfinch for a Friend

 


I’ve been having some more fun with Simon Says Stamps Stamp and Die set called Beautiful Birds, creating a sweet little goldfinch, another little bird I love.  I added in the layers of yellow, black and white feathers with Copics, and stamped his orange beak separately, adding it on top.  The scene is created on a mini-slimline size.  He’s perched there so sweetly!


I gave him a fun background sponging in Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn to give the feeling of bokeh sky and leaves in the distance, and then added a few enamel dots to the branches to give the feeling of leaves too.  Such a cute little bird!  

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love these cheerful, bright little birds too! You've captured this little guy perfectly. Great background too!

Conniecrafter said...

such a sweet bird, love how you colored him and the great background too!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, he's so very sweet and colorful, Christine. I adore him and his pretty environment you created.