Monday, July 18, 2022

The Blossom Challenge: Citrus Christmas in July



Well friends, I’m coming to you today dragging myself a bit.  The darn coronavirus done chased us down and beat us up :(  3/5 of us in our family have down with it, and we’ve had all the crummy symptoms, but seem to be on the road to recovery.  So it’s a good thing I had these images from Power Poppy ready for our next The Blossom Challenge with our new theme: Christmas in July!  

Today I’ve used a couple of Christmas sets from Marcy to create a mini-slimline card and coordinating tag.  The mini-slimline uses Garden of Gratitude: Trellis Digial Stamp to showcase this pretty trellis Christmas tree made of oranges.  It’s so charming! 


The colouring is done with Copics, with patterned paper really helping to achieve that citrus feel I was going for.  A bit of paper ric rack accents the top.  

  

These sweet sentiment stamps are something we could use a little more of don’t you think?  I’ve added some enamel stars to highlight the sentiments and to tie back to the star on the tree.  


The gift tag is created with Power Poppy’s Handmade with Love Tags placed on some Kraft paper that has a slit in it for tucking in.  After I took the first picture in this series, I realized the tag looked a bit bare where the slit is, so I added a little circle punch to the tag which will also help with stability.  

Now, I hope you’ll join us!   Your Challenge this month is to create anything Christmas or Holiday using at least one stamp from Power Poppy.  You can make a card, tag, gift packaging, or frameable art.  Show us what you’ve got!  You could win a $20 Gift Code to the Power Poppy Store, just for playing along.  Entries close on August 15.  Be sure to add your link on the Power Poppy Blog!  


Marcy has also given us a great sale! ALL of our Christmas Digi’s in the Happiest Holiday Category for you if you want to pick up something new to create with.  If you know Marcy, you know they’re all beauties! 

For more inspiration here’s some more beauty from The Bloom Brigade you’ll want to check out:


2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

So sorry to hear you caught covid but good to here you are on the mend.
I have to say I love that trellis, and you have made a gorgeous card out of it! Beautiful coloring, love the sentiment tabs!
Your gift tag is so sweet too, love the shades of green with the kraft!

Leslie Miller said...

That darn COVID. I'm hearing a lot of bloggers mention new infections spreading through their families. Not what Terry needs, for sure. I hope you're all fully vaccinated. Rich and I have escaped so far. I love the images you used today, Christine. You've made a beautiful set. Warm colors, cute design, fabulous coloring. Love the ricrac. I hope you're feeling better.