Sunday, July 10, 2022

Outlining and Colouring With Stencils

 


Do you ever have ideas pop in your head about how to use a stamp set differently?  As I’ve been playing with Print Shop:  Spring Mix Stamp and Stencil from The Greetery I realized that I could use the stencil as a tracing element and create an outlined image that I could colour with Copics.  I layered the stencils step by step and carefully used my micron pen to outline all of the flowers and greenery.  I think it’s a great way to get more out of a stamp and stencil set.  Especially when you love to colour.  Here’s what it looked like before I coloured it up:  


Then I picked a colour palette I’d like and used my Copics to bring some life to the flowers.   


After colouring I added a interior frame to match the flowers and the sentiment from the set, as well as a couple of enamel dots.  

Thanks for popping in for my fun brainstorm!  

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Your amazing coloring can breathe life into the blankest of slates. This is gorgeous, Christine!