Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Spring Frames and Windows with MFT

 


We’ve just returned home from a bit of vacation with family and I brought back a brutal cold with me, so I’ve been laying pretty low the last bit.  One of things I like to do if I’m travelling to the States for work or fun is to ship any stampy shopping I might do to where I’m going to be (even hotels will let you do that).  That way I save on crazy postage prices and paying duty.  So I brought home all kinds of fun new creative things to play with, but haven’t had much energy for it!  But I did make a couple of sweet Clean and Simple designs to show you today using a new set from MFT called, Sunshine Friends, illustrated by Stacey Yacula.  I love her whimsical style.  

I just started by colouring all the images in the set, and then decided that there was enough to put together to cards.  This first design also showcases the arched window using MFT’s Stitched Arch Stacked Dienamics, cut into a background using Pink Fresh’s Intricate Stitched Ovals Coverplate Die.  Gorgeous isn’t it?  That subtle pattern is so classy!  



I’ve created a scene in the window with a sponged sky and grass, adding a few grass blades with a Prismacolor Pencil.  The Copic coloured bees and tree tuck in nicely, and a simple gingham bow gives the black pop it needs to coordinate with the bees.  Perfect for anyone you call honey :)  

Next is a happy pair of friends!


Also created with MFT’s Sunshine Friends these two really do make me smile.  I decided to keep the background plate layer as it is and add the images on top, but it needed something extra to help the design, so I pulled out the MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame in yellow and that pop of colour was what the card needed, the frame anchors the space perfectly.  

Windows and frames are just the ticket to make your focal points sing!  

No comments: