Sunday, June 26, 2022

Blue Poppies from MFT

 


Greetings and Welcome!  Today I’m showing off some amazing poppies from MFT called Pure Poppies.   It’s such a lovely set with simple lines and big open petals.  I’m always a fan of traditional red poppies, but I also wanted to play along in MFT’s color challenge of Kraft, Milk Chocolate,  Lazy Day and Prickly Pear, so blue poppies it is!  Did you know blue poppies are real?  They’re rare, but absolutely exist in nature.  I’d love to see some in person.  

I began by colouring the petals and leaves with B00, B12, B14 and YG21, YG13 and YG25 Copic markers.  They I used a Coverplate from Pink Fresh’s Intricate Stitched Ovals and the Inside & Out Stitched Arch from MFT.  


Next I added the blooms all around the arch and stamped with MFT’s beautiful Everyday Scripted sentiment in Chocolate ink, and a few mirrored sequins to sparkle it up.  Makes for a simply elegant card!  My friend turned 60 this week, so this is perfect for the party!  

Thanks for joining me!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

This is so beautiful <3

Leslie Miller said...

Quite striking! A very fresh look. Love the blue poppies and lovely card design. You did great with these colors, Christine!