Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Tomato Pincushion Love



Interested in a little more love-themed card making?   I created this design with another of my images in my Colouring Catch-Up Challenge that I had in my stash.  It’s a sweet image from the now closed Paper Smooches store.  

My mom was a seamstress for so many years.  She made the most beautiful garments for us, and in the same way that I have craft supplies, she had sewing supplies.  So, this image reminds me of her handiwork and the fun tomato pincushions that held pins on top as she was sewing, and the boxes and jars of buttons.  



I created the backgrounds on this mini-slimline design with a mini-heart stencil (MFT), and added some fun accent papers from MFT as well, and finished it off with a bit of scalloped lace ribbon, reminiscent of Mom’s sewing supplies.  The sentiment is from an old Stampin’ Up! set that sweetens the deal with a tiny wood veneer heart that’s been smooshed in ink.  

Thanks for visiting!  


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, this has to be one of the cutest stamps ever! The pin cushion, the button hearts, those fun pins... Sewing was my whole craft world before stamping came along. Love your design with the combination of stenciling and designer paper, and the lace is the perfect finish!