Friday, February 25, 2022

A Sympathy Poppy

 


Last Fall I seeded some poppies in our flower bed.  I’m so hoping they winter well so that we will enjoy them this summer.  I love the papery-thin petals and the gorgeous centers.  Today I’m bringing you another stunning poppy from Power Poppy called Ultimate Poppy.  I really showcases the flower so beautifully.  And it’s of a really awesome size to make a statement on a card.  Here I’ve used it on a sympathy card, but I think pairing it with white really simplifies it in a way that’s elegant.  


I’ve placed the poppy on some elegant damask paper, which also includes the sentiment, and framed the edge with some Spellbinders dies.  


Here is the verse inside the card, also from a retired Power Poppy set.  You never wish to send a sympathy card, but it means so much to the recipient to know you are thinking of and praying for them.  


Here is a peek at the Copics I used for colouring.  


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

So very beautiful, Christine! You accomplished something amazing with those few Copics.