Monday, February 22, 2021

No-Line Watercolour Poppies

 


Hello out there!  I’ve been dreaming of spring, since the cold snap we had, with the temperatures now warming up.  I’m already thinking through all of my hopes and dreams for the flower gardens and vegetable gardens this spring and can’t wait till that can happen.  So this week I’m in flower mode with a dreamy design from A Day For Daisies called Fairy Flowers.  I wanted to do some watercolouring of these lovely petals and seed pods, so I printed it quite light on watercolour paper and had fun.  


With no line watercolouring you really have to work section by section to make sure you don’t lose the lines, and then work in layers after each dries to get your definition.  Starting with less pigment and adding stronger pigment as the details come to life.  I always make sure to have the original image close by too so if I get lost I can always refer back to it.  

I paired the design with some new papers called Echo Park Plant Lady because they had these great blue and orange watercolour style sheets.  Blue is such a perfect pairing for orange because of it being a contrasting colour.  


A pretty sentiment from Power Poppy and a trio of enamel dots pull it all together.  

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Dianne Booth said...

Lovely! Fine attention to detail.

Leslie Miller said...

Such beautiful watercoloring, Christine! You never fall short on the card design, either. It's always the whole incredible package!