Friday, April 24, 2020

Happy Day Peonies



Happy Friday friends!  Do the days feel any different for you one to the next?  My parent’s have said that they often have to work at remembering what day it is.  We’ve still got lots of school and work going on from home so we generally have a decent handle on it.  Today is Power Poppy Friday, always a good day in my book, and I’m bringing you a Happy Day card using Power Poppy Peonies Digital Stamp Set.  I have this set in both the digital and polymer stamp versions (Dynamic Duos:  Peonies and Tulips).  I am all about polymer stamps, but what I do like about digital is that you can print your lines quite faint, and enlarge your image to a size you prefer.  So that’s what I did with this image.  

Colouring is done with Copics and I’ve added some Prismacolor in the shadows and for the periwinkle background.  

To mimic the plaid in the patterned paper, I added a diamond embossed design in the background.  Changing the scale of the criss-cross shapes makes it tie together nicely.  


Aren’t those petals juicy!  So fun to colour.  Just a bit of piercing and some enamel dots as accent. 


The sentiment showcases one from the Dynamic Duos:  Peonies and Tulips and stamped in a nice coral colour to match the blooms.  

For more Happy Friday Inspiration please pop on over to see:
Stacy
Lisa
Leslie
Gloria
Allison
Christine (you are here)
Broni

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous colouring Chrsitine en elegant card
Gr Karin

Barbara said...

Your coloring of these peonies is a work of art. I am taking the Vanilla arts Live stream tomorrow, but I can learn from your card too.

Stacy Morgan said...

Delightful! Oh Christine the color is wonderful and I do like the CAS style of this card. Beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautifully done, even though hubby is working from home, I still have to really think about what day it is!

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful this is, but then your coloring always is. Love this color and your card design with the embossing and little bit of DP.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Very beautiful Christine, I love your gorgeous colouring.
Thank you so much for your inspiration, stay safe and have a wonderful day.