Friday, April 17, 2020

Dreaming of Flower Gardens


I love my flower gardens.  Right now I’m anxiously awaiting all the snow melting so I can start to get going on gardening.  One of my friends wants to start some new flower gardens this year and asked me to help her dream of what to plant.  We have the same planting style  - she describes it as wild!  I love lots of colour and lots of variety, so a bit of a cottage garden feel.  So, it’s been fun to imagine some new possibilities with her.  It’s put me in the mood for some lovely Power Poppy flowers, like this  Tree Peony Digital.  I WISH we could grow the tree kind, but we’re zone 3 so, I will be content with regular peonies.  

I’ve watercolored this image with Daniel Smith watercolours on Arches cold pressed watercolour paper, after cutting some of the leaves “out of the box”style, I used a Spellbinder’s die to trim it out in this elegant square shape.   The card is 4 3/4 x 4 3/4. 


To bring some colour to the design to match the vibrance of the peonies, I addes some patterned paper flags to peek out. The lovely scripted sentiment is stamped with the  Simply Camellias set.  


To capture a little bit of old-world romance that this card has, I’ve tied a pretty crochet lace bow along the top of the design.  

Enjoy popping over to see what beauties the rest of the Power Poppy team has in store!  

7 comments:

jenni1st said...

Worthy of a frame. Wow!

Barbara said...

You certainly captured the romance in the beautifully colored peony. I adore the accent with the patterned papers and the special die that you used. Hope you get to plant that garden soon.

Leslie Miller said...

This has me all agog, Christine. Every time you watercolor I swoon. How beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous water coloring Christine. These blooms look amazing and I like the die cut framing. We don't have snow but a lot of wind as usual. Enjoy today sweet friend.

Henriëtte Creatively Happy said...

Wow Christinethis is so awesome! I am jealous of your amazing water coloured images, card after card are master pieces.
Thank you so much for sharing, stay safe and have a wonderful day.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just gorgeous, your coloring just brings that to life!!

Broni said...

Christine, this is absolute perfection! I WISH I could grow a peony this lovely. Your water coloring and card design are so beautiful! Love, love, love!!!